[eventer_counter type="1"]

[blokco_vc_section sidebar=”free-ebook”]

RIP! NIGERIAN STUDENT ELECTROCUTED WHILE INSTALLING SOLAR PANELS

A final year student of Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State has been electrocuted while installing solar panels on a one-storey building.

According to Punch, the incident occurred in a business location close to a commercial bank at the Warri Garage Area on Thursday, October 19, 2023.

According to witnesses, the aluminium ladder used by the student in climbing up to the position he intended to install the solar panels was magnetised by the high-tension wires linking a neighbouring commercial bank.

Consequently, he reportedly got electrocuted in the process, witnesses said.

It was further gathered that a gallant passerby, on noticing the ugly development, instantly used a long dry plank to hit the aluminium ladder thus successfully detaching it from the vibrating high-tension wires, to which the young man had stuck unconsciously.

The student who was said to be writing his final project at the time of the incident was immediately rushed to a nearby private clinic for treatment but passed away shortly after arrival.

The remains of the late student who resided with his parents at the nearby Bowen Avenue area was laid to rest in his country home on Saturday, October 28, 2023.

Jude Ogbonna

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read also x